Friday, May 25, 2012. *cue that law & order sound byte* (I play it in my head every time I start with the date like that, why? Who knows! I never even watched that show!)
Good MORNING! What a late wakeup! (don't worry, he moved wakeup time like an hour earlier each day this weekend) No IDS (Isaac Delivery Service) for me today since Drew's out of town this week, so once I hear him wake up, I go get him and bring him back to our bed.
There's my little guy (I can actually see him clearly w/o my glasses since he's less than 6" from my face, but the blurry photo brings you just a tiny bit into the world of my eyesight). I get my regular morning cuddles while he nurses for 20 mins or so.
Then we're up. Isaac sits on the potty, and I come to the sink for these.
Putting my eyes in (can you tell I slept on wet hair last night?)
"All done"!
We ran out of the bathroom diaper stash, so here's Isaac helping me get out new ones that we got on super-duper sale at babysteals.com. We normally use cloth diapers (AIO's (All In Ones) at this stage) at home, but they were all dirty or drying today (I've been a bit lazy with the laundry since Drew's been gone). Isaac actually took that piece of tape on the ground and put it in the trash can... completely on his own! (how did he know?? but also, not cool 'coz he's not supposed to touch the trash can and I've been looking in the trash can EVERY time I use it now expecting to see a Weeble or a shoe or something...)
A lovely glare from Isaac... he's saying "more", which to him means "want", and I am obviously not fulfilling his want fast enough. (he probably wants something forbidden on the bathroom counter)
Preparing breakfast for Isaac - organic oatmeal.
But first, he's excited about this new treat ...
Raspberries!
So excited that he does a little (naked baby) dance (he usually gets some "air time" after potty time).
Time to play with his CD player and pull-along snail on the kitchen floor for a bit. Well he didn't so much play with the snail, just pulled it off the shelf and there it stayed. I should get a video of him pulling the snail along someday though, it's cool.
Feet. I tried to get him to stand closer, to no avail.
It was lovely and cool outside this morning, so we opened up all the windows to cool off the house. Isaac really likes to help open the windows. :) (As you can see there are 2 sets of windows - this is how they're "double paned" in our house from 1905 (or roundabouts)).
Looking outside...
...at the apartment building being built behind our house. We really do look out there every day.
One more raspberry, if you please.
Now we're in the bedroom, opening those windows, and guess what's outside? CARS!!!! He was so excited when one drove by, even though he sees this every day too. ;-P
Then I got a surprise kiss... nose squishes!
Followed by a lovely cough in my face.
OK, enough window pictures. Now it's about 10:45 and I still haven't gotten dressed and ready... so I'm off to do that.
My morning regimen of products.
Isaac "handstand" - he doesn't exactly play by himself for very long at a time, so I'm kept pretty busy all day entertaining my little dude somehow.
And occasionally, receiving hugs, which of couse I LOVE.
Before I get dressed, I must know what the weather will be like! Looks pretty nice. I went ahead and put this screenshot into Instagram for you. It made it so pretty with the nice lighter blues...
OK, back to breakfast! The oatmeal sat soaking up the milk for a while, seems to get a better texture as it ages. ;) So here is Isaac doing a fairly good job at feeding himself.
That of course can't last forever, since I have places to go, things to see, cute shirts to keep clean! I had to take this picture because the bottom of his bowl has an owl (thanks for the set, Scott & Tara!), just like the spoon there, and once it was uncovered, Isaac pointed at the owl and said "hoo hoo". I love it!
Places to go...with all this stuff! We're going to meet Liz & Savannah at Domäne Mechtildshausen this morning, or "the farm" - a nice working farm with a cafe, bakery, markets, and animals you can visit. Anyway, they have awesome organic yogurt and the red bag contains the empty jars from my last visit, to return (for the pfand, or deposit) and get more. Also taking out the trash, and of course there's Isaac and the diaper bag. :)
One day he'll be able to reach our door handles. Not really looking forward to that day. Oh, and he swiped that box of raisins from the diaper bag. :-/
"Isaac, don't touch the wheels."
And we're off.
This is why I love Instagram! A shot of the road as I'm driving, non-Instagrammed, would be horribly boring. But this, well isn't it great? :-P
Here's my exit to the farm. Thrilling, right? ;)
Liz, my very pregnant friend, enjoying her apple tea at the cafe. I should've gotten a picture of the bacon we ordered, because their bacon is so unbelievably good!! Nitrate-free, too! Though you have to make sure you get someone who understands that you want it crispy, like we Americans do, otherwise it comes out nowhere near cooked enough, as presumably Germans like it.
I ordered a yummy lentil soup. (#3)
Looking up from our table. The farm is a pretty place and it was a beautiful day!
Savannah eyeing Isaac's bread. Or it might be her bread that he stole, he's pretty much a food-stealing piggie. ;)
All done with lunch.
Savannah playing a game where she puts a flower up to Isaac's nose for him to smell. She apparently thought this was hilarious, especially when he turned away.
Briefly riding the rocking motorcycle they have inside the cafe. He actually just wanted to push it by the handles like it was a walker or something; I forced him to sit on it properly while I snapped some pics. :-P
We came back out of Isaac discovered this fountain and that he could SPLASH in it! And of course that drew Savannah to come dunk her long sleeves in it too... such a bad influence he is. ;) With that, we left the farm, with our slightly wet kiddos (after I got my new yogurts, of course, but I didn't take any pictures of that).
Since we were right next to the base, I went to find the Arts & Crafts store to get a balloon animal for Savannah's 2nd birthday party this weekend. There's a lot of construction on base and I didn't exactly know where I was going. So when I finally discovered the street it was on (addresses there are like "building 1010", not what street they're on - there ARE street names on base, why don't they use them??), I turned down it as I had remembered doing when I was last there a year or so ago. Didn't realize it was one-way now - the wrong way, of course... a "helpful" guy in a big van pointed it out to me as I drove slowly by, looking confused. Anyway, I turned around, and was successful in my endeavors (more on that later).
On the way home, I saw a couple White Storks flying overhead! :) They're so cool.
Here's our exit.
Back home, Isaac went down for his nap, and it was most definitely time to shut the south-facing rollladens in the dining room. It might only be ~75 degrees outside but the sun really warms it up in here! So, since there's no A/C, this is the solution until nightfall and it's cool enough to open the windows to cool off the house.
Here is the balloon dachshund for Savannah. They didn't have any more for sale, so the nice guy gave me a leftover floor model, and even filled it up for free. Great customer service there! He sounded like he ran the place... or at least the balloon part of it. Isaac really liked it - he has a little ribbon leash and little legs that hang down and the balloon floats at just the right height for the legs to touch so you can "walk" him. But Isaac unfortunately ripped one of the legs off in the 5 seconds I had my back turned... more on that later.
And here I am surfin' the web, probably looking at facebook or Pinterest... ;) Or looking for new shoes for Isaac since he seems to have outgrown his one pair. Amazon now has free returns on shoes, yesss! I could barely keep my eyes open though.
So I decided to take a nap.
Wait, first, maybe I'll read a little.... D'OH! I went into my kindle app without putting my phone on airplane mode... I was in the middle of reading those first two books when the library loans ended last week... I'd done so well at disconnecting so it couldn't take them away for a whole week... and then, in my tiredness, lost it all in a split second. Oh well, I'll just sleep instead. :)
Nice 45 min nap for me, and a long one for Mr. I!
Getting him out of his crib (it was a super dark picture, sorry for the bad quality).
He woke up happy this afternoon. Yay!
Trying to climb on a footstool.
Peekaboo!
A bit later we took an easy walk around the house (it seemed too late to walk all the way to the duckpond or the playground, where he'd want to stay longer than we had). He's never walked back there; the last time I walked around the house was when it was warm last year and he wasn't walking yet, so it was still an adventure for him (the backyard feels more like the domain of our neighbors, though I think they just have a few "spots" that are designated as theirs, like the porch with our bbq grill (and missing baluster - mentioned in the last DITL) and this crappy wooden platform in the front yard (which we don't use, 'coz it's crappy and in the front yard) are "our" spaces.).
There are stairs, a wooded path and more uneven stone stairs, and little solar powered path lights... what more could a light- and stair-obsessed boy want? Ah yes, flowers. Some of those too.
From the backyard, you can see the crane at the building site much better!
"Isaac, don't touch the wheels."
Running around in the front yard. I love his cute toddle-y run. :)
And up the stairs... someone's ready for dinner.
Yumm, dahl! I took off his shirt 1.) to preserve its state of non-stained-ness (that yellow turmeric in the dahl turns things yellow quite indiscriminately), and 2.) because it's gotten a little warm in the house.
I also made him some cherry tomatoes & mozzarella sprinkled with olive oil.
He LOVED it. Tomato seed face!
A little later, to make sure he wasn't hungry before bed, he got some yogurt with wheat germ (as evidenced by his mustache). And then I caught this lovely face on camera (I asked him to look up at me). :-P
A thrilling new discovery - trying to drink water from a very large cup! He's conveniently already naked and sitting on the potty where it's totally cool if water goes everywhere.
He loves it!
On to bed; here is the book he picked - "A Book of Sleep". The owl wakes up when everyone else goes to sleep, and appears on every page looking at the different animals. Unprompted, Isaac pointed to the owl there and said "hoo hoo". :) (owl hoots were his first and best animal sounds!)
Nursing before bed.
With Isaac asleep, and Drew coming home tonight (YAY!!), I decided to dust, vacuum & mop the office. Here's the floor under our desks, all junk picked up and vacuumed.
Mopping till the floors gleam! OK this one's not Instagram, it turned out so yellow it looked like the middle of the night, so I instead used Lightbox on my iPhone, which does similar effects. Does this look miniaturized to you? It's supposed to.
I really heated the place up with the vacuum, and since it's cooled off outside, I opened the rollladens and the windows in the dining room.
Then I performed doggy balloon surgery. I told you we'd get back to the dog. Since this was a floor model, I noticed some other limbs had already had been taped back together. So I taped back on the leg Isaac ripped off. Good as new!
Finally, 11pm - Drew's home! We sat in the kitchen and talked for a while. :)
He brought me a 1-kilo bag of spicy pepper stuff. PERFECT for döner, woohooo!
Last check on Isaac before we go to sleep... well, he's in there somewhere.
Goodnight!





























This is a cute idea. And yeah, not a big fan of Instagram...
ReplyDeleteLove it! Your days are full of a whole lot of cuteness!
ReplyDeleteSo cute and so nice to see things your normally wouldn't take pictures of!
ReplyDelete