Friday, August 31, 2012

DITL - August 29 2012.

First DITL after our vacation!  We haven't quite gotten Isaac to bed as early as we'd like.  I forgot to take pictures for most of the afternoon... and that's about it.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012.


This is not actually when we got up, it's just when I remembered it was a DITL day.  We got up a little before 9.

After milk, Isaac runs out of *OUR* room - this past weekend we took back our room!  I moved Isaac's crib to the office so we can sleep in our huge comfy bed, and I just don't get barely any computer time.  (currently it's naptime and he's sleeping in his pack-n-play in our bedroom)

 Apparently this is what the iPhone super-bright flash makes you do in a dark room...

Some Dado time before he leaves...

And he's off to work.  hugs!

Isaac noticed Drew's hat and pointed to it, then his head.

 A good-bye fist bump! (fist bumps are Isaac's new thing, btw)

Making funny faces on the potty.

Bringing a selection of toys into the kitchen.

He's ready to go!  We're going out to meet Megan & Patrick and Liz & Savannah & Nolan at the farm, Domäne Mechtildshausen.

A video of me trying to get Isaac to say "Go", because seconds before this he was saying "go go go!!"

Alright mom, let's get a move on!

Beautiful day for the farm!
They had SO many flowers everywhere!

Something upset Isaac soon after our arrival.  He is plastered to me here, and holding on to the back of the bench so I can't move.

The three toddlers, each grabbing a wagon.

When they say "monkey see, monkey do", they really mean it.

This was the last time Isaac would deign to sit in a wagon until after everyone was gone.

Isaac's out! 

We haven't even gone to see any animals yet, but this is so much fun!

Wagon fun with Savannah

The older kids making the younger kid work... J/K, Isaac couldn't actually push them because  you have to lift and push, but he tried! (and succeeded with my help) 

Isaac would prefer to sit here than with everyone else in the wagon.

Liz & Savannah (& Nolan, the itty-bitty baby that you didn't see because he was strapped to his mommy's chest the whole time) have to leave, so Savannah is giving hugs.

Megan & Patrick join us for a yummy lunch at their cafe.  They had fun shaking the salt & pepper shakers!

Shake shake shake!

Isaac & Patty do some puzzles...
Patty finishes his; and Isaac still has no idea what this colorful mess is
(even though I set out all the pieces in the proper orientation for him!). ;-P

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the DELICIOUS pumpkin soup before chowing it all down!

I think Megan liked hers too.  :)

Patrick shared his rolls with Isaac, but didn't nom his down nearly as fast as Isaac did.

Isaac looks like he's debating some serious issues here.

After Megan & Patty left, Isaac finally wanted to ride in a wagon.

So we rode the 50 feet or so over to the bakery to get some yummy yogurt.

Music on the drive home.

I picked the WRONG option of how to get home!  This truck was completely blocking the one-way road while unloading, and a car pulled up behind me just as the truck came into view... so we were trapped.  It ONLY took like 10 mins though... at least Isaac stayed happy, even though he was late for his nap.
.
.
.
So his nap happened, Drew came home, we had snacks, played some, and I didn't take any pictures.  Drew had grand plans for our evening - drive into the Birkenstock store in Frankfurt and get Birkenstocks for both of us!


Here's when I remembered again that I should be taking pictures.  This is the A66.

The directions - pretty much drive down the autobahn till it ends, then turn left.  Crazy simple!

I liked these and probably would've bought them, except they didn't have my size.  Drew bought some shoes, and I didn't even take a picture of them... 

The store.  About 5 other groups of people came in while we were there, all speaking English!  Clearly tourists want Birkenstocks... do Germans?
.
.
Then we went home, with a fussy Isaac and fussy mom & dad too, probably due to being hot and having low blood sugars.  Then we had dinner, who knows what else... and I remembered to start taking pictures again at Isaac's bedtime (9:30!).

Story time!

Isaac saying "pppbbbbbbbbt", which is what a car says, pointing to the cars in my Flat Iron building picture.

And then sometime later we went to bed.  Here's our new "toothpaste" - tooth oil!  Spearmint, Peppermint, and maybe Almond oil or something?  Supposed to be good for your gums (and teeth, of course).  Drew calls it the snake oil.  Haha. But I think our gums are looking a lot healthier, who knows exactly why...

No comments:

Post a Comment