My friend Morgan introduced me to this awesome concept, where you document an entire day in photos. Here is my first ever DITL Day.
Thursday, May 17, 2012.
 |
Good morning! This is when Isaac woke us up (he's been sleeping a little later lately, no complaints!).
(and thanks Morgan for the reminder! And as you'll see, we did not go to Kinder Musik - it's "Ascension Day" which is a German holiday, so no class.) |
 |
| Drew brings Isaac in for his morning nursing session. |
 |
| 16 Minutes of snoozy-nursing makes for a pint-sized ear print on my arm. |
 |
| *yaaaaaawn* He's done; time for me to get up. |
 |
| Hi. |
 |
| On the potty, laughing at Dado (aka Drew) in the shower. |
 |
| Eyes. |
 |
| Baby butt on dado! |
 |
| Check the weather |
 |
| And Drew is off to work (yes, it's a little late - he's still jetlagged from his trip to VA last week). |
 |
| Mama, can I have breakfast now? |
 |
| Isaac's breakfast: vitamin D and organic, 4-grain baby cereal |
 |
| But first, some playtime with Chuck the Dump Truck. |
 |
| And trying on new shoes dado got... not a fan. :( |
 |
| Trying his darndest to get them off. |
 |
| Some caffeine for mommy. :) |
 |
| Time to eat. |
 |
| Apparently the whole time he was sitting on these two 'e' magnets (from his new LeapFrog Wordbuilder magnet toy Drew got at this mystical "babies r us" land in America) |
 |
| Doing something on the potty (on his new potty seat from aforementioned mystical land)... I should take this opportunity to brag that Isaac hasn't pooped in his diaper in over a week! (it only happens in rare, extenuating circumstances, he knows to hold it!!) |
 |
| Playtime! |
 |
| A lovely thrift store find (cost me $2!), the Weeble farmhouse. |
 |
| Putting my feet up to read a little (I don't feel so great), while being serenaded by loud honky-tonk music from the Weeble farmhouse. |
 |
| Screenshot from the Kindle app on my iPhone: "Brain Rules for Baby". I swear it's interesting. :) |
 |
| Panda pillow makes for a comfy seat. |
|
| Isaac gets into the farmhouse music. :) |
 |
| Then he joins me on the couch. |
 |
| Close |
 |
| Open |
 |
| Laundry time! |
 |
| Chasing Isaac through the house with his clothes. |
 |
| Getting dressed and checking out his reflection in the shower. |
 |
| Nose service (Isaac's had a runny nose, probably due to teething) |
 |
| He always has to (try to) put the cap back on the saline spray bottle. |
 |
| Flop on mom and say "oooo" |
 |
| Isaac takes the phone and turns it to front-facing camera |
 |
| Open up the blinds in the office (where we sleep since Isaac has taken over our room). Look at how beautiful it is outside! |
 |
| This hard drive looks like fun. |
 |
| Taking him away from the computer parts. |
 |
| Since we're in the office, let's play on the bed. |
 |
| Hide-and-seek with the mini Cheddar! |
 |
| A great hiding spot... |
 |
| Where did it go?? |
 |
| There it is! |
 |
| Since he's been a little fussy and seems to have a lot of teething pain, I made Isaac some chamomile tea this morning (for calming purposes?). He seemed to like it well enough. |
 |
| I finally finish getting ready. |
 |
| Every day, Isaac likes to check out the building being built right behind us (it was bulldozed flat maybe 6 months ago, now there are 4 storeys!). Unfortunately the sky is overexposed (should've used that HDR option) so you can't really see the crane at the top of the building. |
 |
| Here we are looking out the window (the big bathroom has the only window facing to the rear of the house). |
 |
| Some of the backyard with our neighbor's art crawling up the trees and such. |
 |
| And I get a kiss! |
 |
| This is how Isaac asks to be picked up, accompanied with a "gka" sound (Drew says it's halfway between a g and a k). |
 |
| Isaac's lunch: (homemade yesterday!) chicken noodle soup, broccoli finger food, and chamomile tea. |
 |
| This dinosaur matches my bowl. |
 |
| I swear he loves broccoli, he's just saying "mom my teeth hurt", I'm pretty sure. |
 |
| Pinky up! Moving to the high chair for the rest of lunch. |
 |
| He asked me to turn the lights on (his fist is closed after doing the sign for "light") and is QUITE thrilled when I comply. |
 |
| The "Light"! (this is Gonzo) |
 |
| Mom, what are you thinking, giving me all these chunks when my teeth hurt? |
 |
| So I purée his soup. |
 |
| Chicken noodle mush? Much better. |
 |
| I'm getting the message that he's done. |
 |
| Mom, I'm tired. On to Nap Prep Time! |
 |
| Pre-nap potty break - "All Done"! |
 |
| Stylish sleepin' duds, no? |
 |
| Close the doors to the bedroom |
 |
| Lower the rollladens (window shades) (and yes there are 3 L's in that word) |
 |
| Read Isaac's story selection (I would've taken a picture of his choices but he did not have the patience for that. As you can see here, he barely has the patience for me taking this picture before we started reading) |
 |
| The winner was: The Very Hungry Caterpillar |
 |
| The final stage: Pre-nap nurse. |
 |
| And he's out! |
 |
| Now it's "my time". Dirty kitchen. |
 |
| Clean kitchen. |
 |
| Laundry advances to the dryer, where the hedgehogs take over. |
 |
| Full |
 |
| Empty. |
 |
It's been an hour. Isaac still asleep? Yup!
NOW I can relax. |
 |
| Time to read my awesome book for book club, and eat my (non-puréed) chicken noodle soup. |
 |
| Aaah. |
 |
| Played with panorama-maker app so you can better see my view. |
 |
| He's up! 1:36 nap, not too shabby. |
 |
| Off to the bowling alley to meet Morgan! |
 |
| I'm not sure about this outing, but at least I have my Easter eggs. |
 |
| Reeeally not comfortable with all this activity yet. Bonus for mom: SNUGGLES! (a.k.a. youcan'tputmedown!) |
 |
| Sitting with Zoe and her friend. |
 |
| Isaac warmed up to the situation and WAS sitting on Morgan, but alas, the moment was gone just before I could capture it. |
 |
| Still has his Easter eggs! |
 |
| Zoe ensuring no fingers are pinched by bowling balls. Isaac LOVES the bowling balls. Or any balls, really. |
 |
| Isaac says Zoe is SO MUCH FUN! |
 |
| After Zoe left he is relegated to a high chair so I can eat my beloved Buffalo Chicken Tenders (HOW did I not get a pic of them??). He's ok with his containment though because he CAN HAS CHEEZSTICK! |
 |
| Playgrounding it after the bowling alley. |
 |
| Walk like an Isaac. |
 |
| Morgan manning the mid- to lower-slide area (Isaac's not 100% on the big slides yet). |
 |
| Are you ready?? (No pics of sliding because Morgan and I were both making sure he made it down ok. Which he did.) |
 |
| I love my little oddball. |
 |
| Isaac climbed up onto this thing and decided it looked like a good seat. |
 |
| Morgan taking a pic of me taking a pic of Isaac and Morgan taking a pic of me taking a pic of Isaac and Morgan taking a pic of me taking a pic of Isaac and Morgan taking a pic...ack! (we're famous; we made it into her DITL!). |
 |
| Resting at the end of our playground time. |
 |
| I've been working hard to get him to hold my hand and it's starting to work! :) |
 |
| Zu Hause! (and we're back home) |
 |
| Look mom, an Isaac-sized hole in the balustrade. |
 |
| This makes a loud clanging noise when I bang it! |
 |
| Front door |
 |
| "Helping" with the swinging doors (pretty scary things with a toddler!) |
 |
| Our door. |
 |
| Mom's too slow with all this picture-taking, so Isaac ran back to look at dado's bike out in the foyer. |
 |
Bye bye? (I'm inside, Isaac's trying to close the door from the outside.)
(no baby fingers or hands were pinched) |
 |
| Perhaps Isaac is tired. |
 |
| He sat himself here, put the tray back on, and got his CD player toy, and is swaying to the beat of the ABC Song, auf Deutsch (in German). |
 |
| Opening the window in the bedroom... |
 |
| ...because, did I mention how beautiful it is out? |
 |
| My quick (leftover) dinner. |
 |
| Mom the key fell out! Must put the key back in! |
 |
| Really rockin' out to the ABC song on his Wordbuilder. |
 |
| Dinner: white bean & fennel purée - he really likes this stuff. |
 |
| A brief rest on my lap - he's clearly not feeling so well (darn those molars!). |
 |
| Guess who's home! |
 |
| A little later than expected... |
 |
| But he brought groceries! :) |
 |
| Taking out some recycling. |
 |
| More panorama fun! Isaac & dado looking out the bedroom window at me. (And yes, Drew threw my iPhone out the window so I could take this picture) |
 |
| my boys. :) |
 |
| Groceries! (Don't judge me, we usually bring reusable bags, Drew just didn't have any with him) |
 |
| All put away (well mostly). |
 |
| A nice shoulder ride, about to come to an end as he leans way over until dado rescues him (and my neck). |
 |
| Can I have some Chai tea latte? |
 |
| Pre-bed snack: yogurt! |
 |
| Where did panda go? |
 |
| There he is! Have I mentioned how much Isaac loves his panda? |
 |
| Brush brush brush your teeth (sung to the tune of row row row your boat). Unfortunately it doesn't make it any easier to get him to let me get those front teeth. :-/ |
 |
| Trim some nails... |
 |
| You are ALL DONE mom! |
 |
| Bedtime story with dado. |
 |
| And his final nursing. |
 |
| Not asleep! But that's ok, he plays his glow-seahorse music and eventually goes to sleep. |
 |
| Now it's time for my run! I'm doing a C25K (couch-to-5K) program, and this is my 2nd... or 3rd... repeat of week 3 day 3 (I didn't get to run for over a week while Drew was out of town so I didn't think I could advance to week 4). |
 |
| Drew took a flash picture and we discovered the RIDICULOUSLY reflective patches on my Five Fingers. |
 |
| Halfway done. |
 |
| My route. 2 miles (had issues starting the mapping app when I started). 30 mins, it says my average was 4 mph with a 13:52 min/mile pace. |
 |
| Back home, time to stretch! (I think I stretch longer than I run, 'coz I love it!) |
 |
| And throw in some soothing/stretchy yoga. Crow pose (Kakasana). |
 |
| The Plow (Halasana). I've never seen pictures of myself doing yoga, not too shabby! |
 |
| Post-run/pre-bed snack (STARVING! craving salt, perhaps?): spinach-artichoke dip. |
 |
| D'oh! |
 |
| Bedtime. |
 |
| Exactly 15 hours later! |
 |
| One last peek at Mr. I... yup, still sleeping. |
Hope you enjoyed a day in the life of Sandie (& Isaac). How exciting, indeed. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment