Friday, January 27, 2012

Toddling playdate!

Today Isaac had a fun afternoon playdate with Elizabeth & Anne.  (Erica's house is so awesome for playdates - nice warm carpeted room with so many toys and play structures!)  After a brief warm-up period, Isaac really started to toddle around a lot.  At home this past week he has been walking a few steps, maybe up to like 8 at a time or so (but usually more like 3).  But we saw a noticeable improvement in just a few hours at our playdate!  There were so many factors that could've helped - carpet, small disposable diaper (rather than the bulkier cloth he mostly wears at home), bare feet (our concrete floors are SO cold I feel like he has to wear socks, but even though they're sticky-bottomed it can't be as good...), and even no pants!  (Pants were removed to help him climb up the ramp to the slide).  Oh, and a full-time professional walking toddler to watch (Elizabeth).  Well, whatever it was, it was awesome, I'm so proud!  Unfortunately I was playing music on my iPhone so I didn't snap 100 pictures like I probably would've... sorry mom! :-/  He also learned to climb - something he hasn't done much of at home, but with their little slide playset, he had no choice but to learn!  He mostly wanted to climb back up the slide, rather than the ramp with little helpful ridges.  It was scary, but he didn't hurt himself.  :)

Here's a picture of him walking earlier this week (in cloth diaper, pants, and socks), since I don't have one from today.



No comments:

Post a Comment