Monday, January 16, 2012

Merry MLK Jr Day!


For his second MLK Jr day, Isaac decided to give me a present.  A full night's sleep!!! Perhaps making up for last year's MLK Jr day, which I can only assume involved almost no sleep.  Anyway, it was amazing.  Except that I actually woke up after about 6 hours confused and in pain. ("What's this?  Waking up on my own?  What's wrong?!? And OUCH, can't roll over...")  ;)  (he's still breastfeeding, and he regularly wakes up once a night for a feeding - I know he shouldn't need to, but I'm trying to see if he'll grow out of it on his own, since I can handle the one interruption fairly well).

Today we cleaned house while Isaac slept.  He cooperated pretty well with an almost 2-and-a-half hour nap!  Drew worked downstairs organizing the basement - a job I do NOT envy him doing.  It's moldy, perhaps asbestos-y, and a big disorganized heap; one to which we just added all the stuff in the apartment that has been "on its way" down to the cellar for months (or years...).  Then this evening we had dinner at Jackie & Damon's, a nice (and delicious) reward! 

This holiday weekend has been low-key otherwise.  We took not one, but TWO walks in the park with the **SUN** shining.  Saturday we walked downtown with Will, Erica, Elizabeth & Anne.  They were kind enough to take a picture of us in front of an entirely moss-covered hill (I know, right?!?).



The next day we walked the other direction, exploring neighborhoods, duckponds, and construction.  Fun times!  Isaac took a little jaunt beside the big duckpond by us (pictured below).  Some nice Germans stopped to talk to him and encouraged him with some little trotting in front of him (to show him how it's done, I assume) and calls of "auf geht's!" ("let's go!"), etc.  He stopped in his tracks and watched them in wonder, until they gave up.  


Then he tried to chase a goose.  So close....


And some more random pictures of our walk:

We looked at stuff.
He grabbed my nose. (I don't like having my nose grabbed like daddy does (i.e. the nose-grabber-trainer))
He let mommy put some chapstick on him, even though he had no idea what I was doing.
And I got a nice big baby kiss!!

A good time was had by all (you'll just have to trust me that Drew had a good time too, since there is no photographic evidence of that fact)



No comments:

Post a Comment